The Infrastructure Essentials Toolkit is an important tool for anyone seeking a broadband grant or planning to deploy infrastructure.
Recent grant programs include:
- Broadband Infrastructure Program ($300 million)
- Tribal Broadband Connectivity Program ($1 Billion)
In a single national Toolkit, it enables the applicant to quickly identify eligible service areas that would be considered “unserved” or "underserved" based upon a broad range of public and private data sets.
Interested parties are encouraged to read the Introduction to understand how multiple layers of data are juxtaposed, enabling efficient decision-making.
Key data sets include:
- 2020 “Pre-Census” housing units (a.k.a. homes passed).
- FCC Form 477 data (seen through the lens of the NTIA’s “Qualifying Broadband Service” and “Eligible Service Area” definitions).
- Subsidy Programs: CAF II, RDOF, and USDA (ReConnect and others), seen through the lens of the NTIA’s “enforceable buildout commitment” filter.
- Measured network data, collected by the NTIA and provided by third parties.
- A vast collection of geographic boundaries, high resolution numerical data (visualized with a click of the mouse), streaming maps, and other tools.
Demographic and economic data:
- Population density
- Household density
- Housing unit density
- Income per capita
- Mean household income
- Median household income
- Poverty Line (reflecting HH size)
- Household Size
- SNAP Participation Rate
Take a few minutes to read the Introduction (a conceptual overview) and Getting Started Guide and an overview of the NTIA grant opportunities.
Those desiring more demographic, economic, or competitive data (applicable to fixed or mobile deployments) should also consider purchasing the state or national versions of the CBRS Toolkit. These are available at a 50% discount, if purchased at the same time as the Infrastructure Essentials Toolkit, by applying the discount code “MoreData” at the time of purchase.
This product includes the relevant geographies in all 50 States plus the District of Columbia plus Puerto Rico.
This product is delivered via a digital download.